Episode 28: Drabbledark II and Halloween Haunts


Il-wey! I am taking a different perspective today in order to promote a couple of projects. 

Drabbledark II
The first is an upcoming anthology titled Drabbledark II edited by Eric S. Fomley. He is the editor of the Drabbledark anthology series, which features 100-word micro fiction stories that fit within dark science fiction, horror and dark fantasy. “Judgment at the Hall of Two Truths” is my first fiction story that has been accepted for publication and tells the tale of a person who has their heart judged before Anubis. I am excited that my brief story has found a home!

Fomley has set up a Kickstarter campaign in which he is seeking pledges to help fund payment to the authors. This is a campaign method he has done before, with success. If you would like to know more, here is the link to the campaign: click here.

Halloween Haunts
I am an academic member of the Horror Writers Association and I volunteered to edit their annual October series, Halloween Haunts. It was a task I very much enjoyed last year because I got to read entertaining and often scary stories, interesting traditions, and insightful tips daily throughout the month. Each blog entry is written by an HWA writer and often the writer offers a downloadable excerpt and/or a giveaway. The blogs are open to the public as are the excerpts and giveaways. Have a read of Monday, October 1 (click here) – my blog post – to read a little more about my membership with HWA as well as the guidelines for the Halloween Haunts giveaways. Click here to see an overview of the posts thus far. Happy reading! 

Senebti! 

Banner photo from Drabbledark Kickstarter campaign page. 

Comments

Popular Posts