Episode 47: Happy New Decade!


Il-wey! Happy to a new year and a new decade! 

First, an apology to my readers who were looking forward to my musings only to discover I had gone radio silent for the past several months.  I am not going to make excuses by saying I was busy and other projects took priority, because at the end of the day, I did not show up with content.  I hope that you will give me the opportunity to prove my blog is worth your valuable time each week.  

Over the past weeks, I have been reviewing my approach to this blog.  I knew that I still wanted to commit to weekly blog posts and I wanted to provide more content variety.  I determined that some weeks I’ll still write longer blogs, but other weeks, I will post memorabilia and photos.  I am planning to include more topics around literature, cinema/television, video games, and comics where mummies make frequent appearances.  I will expand more on the mummification practices in other cultures, discuss advances in mummy research, and mummies in the news.  And, I am planning on covering visits to museum exhibitions and conduct more interviews, like my interview with Lovecraftian author, Gary Myers.  

I am excited about the content I will be presenting this year! I will start my new content schedule next Monday, January 13 and I hope you will come join me as I continue my journey exploring the fascinating world of mummies! 

Senebti!


Banner image is a replica of King Tutankhamun’s mummy case at the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum located in San Jose, California and was photographed by “mharrsch” (click HERE for Flickriver post). 

Comments

Popular Posts